By Floyd Allen, Editor, GOD’S GOOD NEWS GAZETTE
I Semi-Retired in 2011. I Semi-er-Retired in 2017. In the past four years, however, I have decided that I will never actually be fully Retired, because God keeps giving me all kinds of things to do for Him, His Kingdom, and His Children. I finally realize that God’s tagline, at least where I’m concerned is, “If you ain’t dead, you ain’t done!”
Let me share with you how that looks like for me.
First of all … I continue to produce GOD’S GOOD NEWS GAZETTE, the bi-monthly Christian Magazine you are currently reading! As well as writing several of the articles herein, I co-ordinate the efforts of the other contributors and edit their work once it is submitted.
God also continues to send clients to our publishing company, MORGAN WYNN PUBLISHING, for us to assist in the production of their books. The most rewarding part of this undertaking, for us, is to see the joy and thrill these clients experience when their books become a reality. The fact that their publishing journey is enhanced by our low key, pressure free and reasonably priced approach to Self-Publishing makes the process a pleasure for all involved.
The place where I find God keeping me the busiest, however, is in the realm of Book Writing. For example, in 2021 I have completed, or will complete, the following titles:
- WHAT GOD’S GOOD NEWS GAZETTE EDITOR HAS BEEN THINKING FOR THE PAST FIVE YEARS
- FIVE YEARS OF GOD’S GOOD NEWS GAZETTE THOUGHT PROVOKERS
- A LAYMAN’S VIEW OF 20 OF THE PARABLES OF JESUS
- 52 VERSES TO LIVE YOUR LIFE BY: Part I
- ONE MAN’S QUEST TO PROVE THE BIBLE IS NOT BORING!
- THE ALLEN FAMILY & FRIENDS BOOK OF RECIPES
As you can see, God has kept me extremely busy this year! And, it appears that I will be for years to come! Below is a “Living Document,” if you would, inasmuch as it is constantly being added to, thus changing! It Is the List of Books that God has given me to write! They are in no particular order (unless so indicated), not of when God gave them to me nor when they will be completed!
- GOD IS MY AGENT Part II – The 2nd half of my Auto Biography.
- 52 VERSES TO LIVE YOUR LIFE BY: Part II (2022)
- 52 VERSES TO LIVE YOUR LIFE BY: Part III (2023)
- 52 VERSES TO LIVE YOUR LIFE BY: Part IV (2024)
- SCRIPTURES TO PRAY BY
- HE NO LONGER STINKETH: THE LAZARUS PRECEDENT (Fiction)
- THE 3 Ps OF GOD’S WILL
- THE SCRIPTURAL PONTIFICATIONS OF MAYNARD “THE BULLFROG” WATKINS
- MELIVIN MERKEL: THE NICE GUY PRIVATE GUY – A SHORT STORY ANTHOLOGY
- TAMERACK HYDE: TREASURE HUNTER EXTRORDINAIRE – A SHORT SOTRY ANTHOLOGY
- SCRIPTURAL PROMISES: A STUDY
- AFTER THAT, JOB …
- THE KEYS TO ENTREPRENEURSHIP
- OUR CREATIVE SPIRIT – MADE IN THE IMAGE OF GOD
- THE JONAH PRECEDENT (Fiction)
- ANYONE WHO WILL LISTEN
- GOD’S FAVOR SURE LOOKS GOOD ON ME!
- THE 23RD PSALM IN THE 21ST CENTURY
- DIAL 9-1-1
- THE 3:16s
- GOD HASN’T STOPPED TALKING, WE JUST AIN’T LISTENING!!!
Whew! Looks like quite a task lies ahead, doesn’t it? And, as I mentioned, the List just keeps getting longer and longer! Now, this is why I chose the title that I did: THANKS, GOD, FOR ALL THE WORK!!! – You see, if God keeps giving me all of these books to write, He has to give me the time to write them! Let’s assume I am not quite as prolific in future years as I was this year and I average only four titles a year. With the Books currently listed, that means I have to live at least FIVE MORE YEARS! However, if I keep receiving new assignments, I could, theoretically, live, and be writing books, for another twenty five or thirty years!
Now, I know you are probably thinking, “Come on, Floyder, let’s be realistic – – – you are already 72 – – – thirty more years means you would still be writing books when you are over a hundred!!!” Well, Grandma Moses didn’t start painting until she was 76, and when she was 100 she painted 25 additional pictures – – – That’s an average of two a month!
And what about Moses? God didn’t give him an assignment until he was 80, and that task took him 40 years, making him 120 when he was done! If you believe THE BIBLE, and I am going to assume that you do, you know that, according to
Hebrews 13:8, God is the same yesterday, today, and forever!
If God could use Moses until he was 120, he certainly can use me ‘til I’m 100!!!!
So, again I say, THANKS, GOD, FOR ALL THE WORK!!!, ‘cause the Good News today is as long as God continues to give us something to do He plans on giving us the time to do it!